E is for Expression, Execution, Engagement and I believe these are the key qualities WHY leaders are successful.
I have 3 core beliefs that have guided me through my life and career:
- People already have the ideas/vision/goals – they just need help putting structure around it and figuring out what the steps are to get there
- People crave engagement – they want to be inspired, valued, recognized and ultimately part of something big, however each person’s motivation varies
- Change is never easy – it requires accountability, repetition and the ability to overcome fear.
Below are the key Leadership Qualities further explained
- Expression – ability to articulate the end goal and WHY it matters
- Execution – ability to define milestones, measure progress and provide accountability
- Engagement – ability to earn trust and loyalty of people
- Empathy – do you know what it is like to walk in their shoes?
- Enablement – do you provide what they need to be successful?
- Encouragement – do you remove barriers and recognize success?
- Emotional Intelligence – do you provide transparency and feedback?